Tuesday 25 August 2009

Weeks 30-31

Week 30 (16th August)

It feels like another milestone really. I have no idea where the time has gone really, it seems like only last month that we were trying.

Overall i've been feeling alright, same old stuff really, tired and got heartburn but hey, its just the joys of being pregnant and it'll all be worth it. Its been a good week overall, we went for our 2nd attempt at a 4D scan and it was just amazing! (see my other journal for more info and pics). It was the best scan i've ever had. This was my favourite picture, its my little man playing with his foot:

We also went shopping in High Wycombe this weekend which was good. We got a few more baby bits like some blankets, muslin squares and bits for my hospital bag. It makes me feel that little bit more prepared.



Our little man's lungs and digestive tract are almost fully developed. His growth in terms of length will soon slow down but he will continue to gain weight until he's born. He can open and shut his eyes. He can probably see what's going on inside my uterus, distinguish light from dark and even track a light source. Supposedly if i shine a light on my stomach, he might move his head to follow the light or even reach out to touch the moving glow.

Week 31, omg, only 9 to go!! (23rd August)

I find myself touching my belly more often now and sometimes its itchy, i guess thats just my skin stretching.

The only thing thats happened this week is that i went for my GTT. It was awful! I never ever wanna have another one if i can help it. The way my hospital do it, is cruel. I arrived just before 9, they took a vial of blood, then i had to drink the glucose solution which was just like fake fizzy lucozade. They then took vials 1 vial of blood at 9:30, 10, 10:30, 11. 11:30 and 12. They didn't put anything in my arm, she just used the needle thing each time. As i have bad veins, i only really have one good one that they can get my blood from so she took all 7 vials from the same place! OUCH!! She tried the other arm but didn't have much luck.

Bump pictures:

We also went out with some friends that i used to work with on saturday night which was lovely. I haven't seem them for a while and they seemed all excited about our little man too which was nice. We didn't get in until half 12! Way past my bed time. lol.

Our little man's legs and body continue to fill out and they are finally proportional in size to his head. He weighs about 1.5kg and looks more like a newborn. He measures about 41.1cm from crown to toe.

His organs are continuing to mature and he is passing water from his bladder. Also the bone marrow has taken over from the liver in producing red blood cells. This week marks an incredible milestone in his lung development too. Before now, the air sacs and branches in his lungs were present but not functional. His lungs were not able to inflate properly. However, now there is surfactant being produced in his lungs.prevents his lungs from collapsing outside of the uterus and the he is able to take in air and breathe properly. Awww!!



No comments:

Post a Comment