Thursday 17 September 2009

Week 32-33

Week 32 (30th August)


Our little man now weighs about 4lbs and is around 42.4cm long from head to toe. Although his lungs won't be fully developed until just before birth, he is inhaling amniotic fluid to exercise his lungs and practise breathing.


He is enjoying kicking my ribs at times now too – OUCH!!

Overall I am feeling absolutely knackered and have to come home and have a lie down/sleep when I get home from work. My boyfriend has been fab though, taking care of me and making dinner most nights.


Week 33 (6th September)


Our little man now weighs about 4.4lbs and is around 43.7cm long from head to toe. He should already be getting ready for birth by turning upside-down – his head should be pointing down, ready for birth. His skull is still quite pliable and not completely fused, so she can ease out of the relatively narrow birth canal. But the bones in the rest of his body are hardening. His skin is also gradually becoming less red and wrinkled as fat builds up underneath.

With the exception of crying, he is now capable of doing everything that a newborn baby will do. He is restricted inside of my uterus, but still can kick and move. Supposedly he sleeps a lot of the time, just as newborn babies do. His eyes move in the manner of REM sleep and researchers believe that babies can dream vividly in uterus. When he is awake, he is listening, feeling and learning.


I know that some women get swelling in their hands/feet too around this stage but so far so good. I have noticed that I have lost my appetite though, strange I know. I am trying to eat properly even if I am not really feeling that hungry.


Bump pic for 33 weeks:


Today I went to my nephew’s 5th birthday party too. It was so nice to see lots of my family and spend some time with them.

Now onto my last full week of work hopefully!!

No comments:

Post a Comment