Saturday 17 October 2009

37 & 38 Weeks

Well I didn't have much to write for these weeks but hey, here goes, I've not been working which is fantastic and to be honest i don't know whether i'd be able to cope with it at this time really.

Sleeping has been a lot more difficult, and i find myself waking up throughout the night to go to the loo, i swear my little man is just sitting on my bladder on purpose, lol. Also sometimes i wake up really early absolutely starving so i have to get up and have breakfast regardless if its 6am or not. lol.

I had my 36 week check up with the midwife, everything was ok, bp 120/60, belly measuring 38cm which was alright, little man still not engaged which i knew anyway, he's quite happy where he is. I had my last NCT class as well on the same day which was good, a little sad to be finishing them but really looking forward to the next stage of this journey now.

I also had my 36 week consultant appointment and it was ok although they found traces of protein in my urine which they sent off to the lab for testing and it turned out i've got a slight water infection, great stuff, antibiotics for me. Not bad considering i've got no symptoms and haven't had one in years! My consultant also gave me a quick growth scan and said our little man was a "normal weight" no idea what that means but he had enough fluid and everything so its all good. Plus i got to see him again which i totally wasn't expecting.

37 weeks (FULL TERM!! Woop Woop!!!)

Little man's head is now supposed to be cradled in your pelvic cavity, surrounded and protected by my pelvic bones. This position clears some much-needed space for his growing legs and bum, bless him. Average weight is now 6.5lbs.

38 weeks:

Not really much happening, just sorting odd bits at home, making sure everything is ready for when our little man decides to make an appearance. Weight wise little man weighs about 6.8lbs supposedly. He's still very much happy where he is, driving his mummy a bit loopy when he decides to go mad when i'm trying to get to sleep but honestly i don't mind, he's my naughty little monkey.

Bump pics:

From side:

From Above:

Me at Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth at 38 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment